Thursday, August 12, 2010

Finished Rag Quilt Purse

Isn't this rag quilt purse cute????! I finally got back to it, got it done and gave it to Michelle this past weekend. I think she really liked it!

It really is an easy sewing project and doesn't take long at all if you stick to it. You just cut out your squares of batting. Cut 5" strips of fabric. There are so many pretty choices of fabrics that go together in the quilting shops!

Then you fold your strip of fabric up over the Big Shot square scallop die (contact me to buy a Big Shot or shop through my web site above right!). The Big Shot can cut about 7 scalloped squares at a time!

Put a square of batting (the white cushion) between 2 squares of fabric and stitch an X. Once those are done you start sewing your strips together. Then there are the handles to make and the closure piece. Sew a button on, snip all the edges with sharp scissors and wash on delicate in a fabric bag to give it the rag quilt frayed look! This one has not been snipped or washed. Some people like this look.

These pictures are a mixture of 2 purses - the pink and brown one and a black & mustard one.

The video I watched for detailed instructions is here.

I have a link for the Big Shot on the right side of my blog - just click on the picture to go to it. We love the Big Shot for card making and scrapbooking and can't imagine making those things without it anymore! I hope you'll make a Rag Quilt Purse - and then a rag quilt which would be even easier!







No comments: