Thursday, August 19, 2010

Summer Landscaping Project

Bill has finished the deck and patio, edging and put in the river rock. It's looking good! Now he's trying to get the yard sprayed between days that are too breezy. He's killing the grass & weeds we have and getting ready to add some dirt, level it and plant grass seed around Labor Day which is supposed to be the best time here.

The special sand that goes in between the patio blocks stuck to everything including in the grooves of the patio block. So I still need to use a wire brush to finish getting that out.
























We think we'll wait and see how the knock out roses do with the wind this winter. If they still look good next spring, I may add one plus a hosta or two in the area by the patio that's now just river rock (1st picture).

I have a few of Grandma R.'s irises left to move to the area by the screened porch plus a daisy plant and another Black Eyed Susan. They will get big but that's ok there. I want to eventually have several flowers that I can cut for bouquets. I also have 3 coneflowers and about 6 clumps of daylilies (some Stella de Oro and 2 burgundy ones) plus some creeping phlox. Not shown, but behind the porch I have some chives. Next summer I'll add parsley and maybe another herb or two - and rhubarb. Bill has done the hard work. Now I can slowly add to it.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Beautiful !!!!