Monday, June 30, 2014

Fun Day Making Cards and More

Last Thurs. I had a stamp class at our house.  First one in a long time.  I've recently found more ladies who like to stamp - three of the ladies are from Algona.  There were 7 of us.  I showed them some of the new products from the new Stampin' Up! catalog, then they made two cards, looked at lots of card samples and had some dessert.

Recently, while taking a detour due to a bridge being worked on, I saw a sign "Vintage Sale" and it was back a long driveway and up a hill to a house I've wished I could see up close.  It's back off the road and I always notice it when I'm working ground in one of our fields!  It's a beautiful setting - log type home and big red shed and other buildings. (you an see it from Hwy. 15 near Tim & Bette Jo's house for those that know the area)  So I checked it out.  Rose had repurposed things for sale in two buildings inculding furniture, some dishes, old jewelry, chalk boards, flower arrangements, etc.  She is open when her sign is out or by appointment. 

So after stamping, all of us went to check out her stuff.  It was fun looking and she even gave us a tour of part of her house!!!  The old truck below is at the end of Rose Knobloch's lane by the road.  Fun day!  
Today is our 7th Anniversary already!  Happy Anniversary to us!

No comments: