Friday, August 22, 2014

Nice Day with a Friend

Debbie and me at a barn sale
Back in June when I was in Indiana, I got to visit a friend at her new home in Noblesville.  Debbie and I have known each other since 7th grade (we liked the same boy in 7th grade!).  For several years, she and her husband lived up near Chicago so we didn't see each other much, but now she has moved back near where we grew up.

We made plans to get together, and she invited me to have lunch at her house.  I loved her lunch:  chicken salad in a waffle bowl, grapes, cheese and crackers, fruit cup, and she had made little loaves of blueberry bread.  Dessert was some yummy chocolate covered cheesecake bites.   Love all her garnishes and doilies.                                                    
chicken salad, fruit cup, blueberry bread
creamy cheesecake bites


Then after a tour of her beautiful home and this wonderful lunch, I got to shop!  Debbie is very artistic and can do lots of things.  **She is the one who introduced me to Stampin' Up! almost 20 years ago!!  And I'm thankful for that. 

For a few years now she's been making vintage jewelry.  Her business is called Old Tyme Adornments.  She buys various misc. pieces of old jewelry and chains and takes them apart and puts pieces together to come up with her own pieces of repurposed jewelry!  No two pieces are alike!  So interesting to see and hear about how she does this!  She mainly sells at vendor or craft shows.

I bought the necklace on the left below for myself (I like hearts), the necklace in the middle for a friend's birthday and the bracelet on the right for Diane.  Diane wears a necklace with a sideways cross so I think she'll like this.  (she doesn't read my blog!)  It's really special to have a piece that Debbie has made and special to give them for gifts.  (notice the detail in her packaging too) 
It was a really nice day that went too fast.  But we made plans to go to a barn sale together - pictures in a blog post soon.

1 comment:

Glenn Markley said...

Noblesville is a very nice community. I lived in Fishers IN for a few years, that is a very nice city. When I lived there the population was 9,000 and now it has 90,000. My sister in law lived in Noblesville and also had a very nice home.
Did you bring any of the treats home?