Saturday, March 14, 2015

P.E.O. Meeting Refreshments

I had a P.E.O. meeting here at our house Thursday night and kept changing my mind on what I was going to make for refreshments.  We had an officers' meeting first at 5:30 so since that was early for everybody to be here, I made vegetable pizza and had some chips for them.

Then I finally decided to make a green bundt cake.  (no picture)  It was just a yellow cake mix with a small box of pistachio pudding and green food coloring added.  It was a nice and light, green piece of cake.  I made these glazed sugar cookies and also some Cinnamon Spiced Pecans.  Then there was to be coffee, water and Sierra Mist.  One of the guests coming in noticed that the coffee was going all over the countertop!  We don't drink coffee so I only make it for this meeting once a year.  So that was a disaster, and we were down to just water and Sierra Mist.  

If you're like me and not too excited about frosting cut out cookies, you'll have to try this glaze.  This was my first time to try it.  It's a thin icing that you kind of pour on and spread around with a knife.  Your sprinkles and things stick on very nicely.  They do take quite a while to dry.  My second recipe of glaze seemed a little darker and thicker, and I added some tiny green shamrock sprinkles.  I liked them better (no pictures).


  Glaze for Cookies

1 c. powdered sugar
2 T. milk
2 T. corn syrup
1/4 t. almond extract

Place cut out cookies on a rack.  Pour glaze over (may have to also spread with a knife).  
 

No comments: