Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Dad Would Be Proud

One of my Christmas gifts this year was a new dryer.  And we ended up getting a matching washer.  A couple weeks ago I noticed the lettering on the dryer was running or smearing.  Sometimes we hang a pair of Bill's dirty jeans off the top of the washer or dryer and spray all the oil and grease with Resolve.  So we figured the spray had gotten on the lettering and caused it to come off.   We could've wiped ALL the lettering off it was that bad.

I thought "oh no, brand new washer & dryer and messed up already".  But Bill thought I should mention it to our appliance dealer.  I remembered my new glass measuring cups I got last year and after the first run through the dishwasher the lettering was gone.  I e mailed the company (Corning?) just so they would know.  They ended up sending me a new one (I only told them about the 2 c. one and not the 1 c. too).  They have been through the dishwasher many times now and are fine.  Thought maybe that would be the case with this lettering.  Maybe a problem they have corrected.  Seilers, who have been in business in Pocahontas 39 years I think, said "sure, it's under warranty.  We'll get that panel and be out to put it on for you".

Dick came to do that today - at lunch time.  Bill had been trying to get a field sprayed before a bunch of rain hits later today so he was late getting home for lunch.  I was making boneless pork chops in the crock pot with a can of cheese soup like Diane does, homemade bread just out of the oven that was smelling good, green beans with ham, corn and peaches and happened to have just enough for three.  So I asked if he had had lunch and if not, would he like to eat with us.  He had not had lunch and was probably not going to and said "sure".  It was about 1:30. 

Dad always loved to have people over.  Mom and I are the types that want more notice and planning than this so I know Dad would be proud that I did this spur of the moment.  I'm trying to do that more.  It's supposed to be about the company and visiting right?  

Remember me mentioning learning good things from the blog "Reluctant Entertainer"?    

No comments: