Thursday, July 30, 2015

Vacation Bible School

I remember going to Vacation Bible School (VBS) in our old church on the hill.  My favorite parts were singing and the good, homemade cookies we had.  Seems like we always had 2 cookies wrapped in a napkin - and lemonade or red Kool-Aid.  It's sad to me that now 1) they don't give kids anything red since it makes them hyper we now know and 2) they have "healthier" snacks/less sugar, no homemade cookies ever.   Everything comes from a box or bag and Walmart.

This is my church's VBS week.  We go from 8:45-noon.  I've been picking up our 2 great nieces and 2 friends in 2 locations in Pocahontas to go to VBS, and then when we get out, getting them to the summer free lunch at school in Pocahontas which closes at 12:30, then dropped back off at the 2 locations.  Kinda different for me!  Also helping with crafts at VBS which has gone very smoothly - we have lots of help.  I don't know the count for today, but we had 208 kids yesterday!   We had 52 at once in one of our time slots for crafts!   Lots of messy stuff that they love:  glitter, glue, paint, markers.

Here are some pictures from the week.  The older girls worked on their black canvases every day and got finished with applying 2 layers of Mod Podge today.  The girls were really creative with their pictures.    The older boys got to go out to the "shop" and make wooden flags with the men.
I think this was 5th & 6th grade


   


posing with part of the stage decor

No comments: